Friday 9 December 2011

Choreography/Movements and Blocking

Camera Positions & Movement
The camera positions and movements whilst viewing the band will follow them almost completely, including close ups of the use of the instruments & singing.
The camera will also, at times, follow the main 'character' in this video in several ways. Sometimes it will follow behind him in his exact footsteps, sometimes it will watch him as he does something or is involved in something.


The performer positions and movements
The bands positions will generally include playing instruments & singing, there won't be any fixed choreography in time with the music other than singing & playing the instruments. There will be no fixed choreography in the way of dance, etc. Again, with the 'main character' there won't be any fixed choreography, there will be close up, emotional moments, etc, but no actual dance, etc.


The location of other important features of the mise en scene
Whilst in the bands house, there will of course be an amp, etc, to make the band playing look realistic, and whilst in front of the cathedral, they will need to be placed decently in front of the church.
With my 'main character' who ends up spiralling into death in one 'storyline' I will need things such as the pills I will show to suggest his death. There will also be a scene where he walks through a graveyard, the gravestones will be key in this scene.

Camera Movement & Blur Test
I used a camera to film my media teacher to see at what speed would the camera begin to blur and how quickly it would focus, etc. Below is the result.
I found that I had little problem with camera blurring under fast movement, however, when I was moving the camera fast, as I most likely would in the music video filming, I often lost sight of my target, I will need to be more careful when actually filming and keep a close eye on  what the camera can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment