Monday 5 December 2011

Additional 'Research' which inspired me for this video

As mentioned earlier in my blog, several music videos inspired me when creating this video.
Including Linkin Park - Numb, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Face Down and Eminem - Space Bound.
These have all inspired me in several ways, as I felt it included as research, I felt I would explain why.

First, the Space Bound video by Eminem. This video is nothing to do with the genre I wanted to do, other than a few guitar rifts. However, if you watch the video, at exactly 1:20, Eminem 'splits' into two, using the same camera trick I want to do. This video inspired me to do this, as I thought it was a really good concept, yet I felt it wasn't played upon enough, in this video, one side got angry, etc, and the other side just sat down and rapped.

Second, Linkin Park - Numb, this video inspired me in two ways. First, the very basis of my music video, having the band and the 'story' of the video completely separate. In this video it follows a girl who is too going through some depression and it feelings rather abandoned and alone. I felt it worked extremely well, as it is one of Linkin Parks' biggest Music Videos.

Finally, with Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, they too used the 'separate' feel from the band and the main character, however, they had a slightly more 'indie' feel which I felt would work for my band, in the way that they were playing in a simple house, nowhere special, whilst Linkin Park was playing in a church.

These three videos inspired me greatly during the research & planning phase of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment