Wednesday 2 November 2011

Music Video & Redundancy/Entropy


Redundancy
Redundancy is the result of high predictability. It is something which his predictable or conventional. An example of a redundant image is a cute dog picture.

Entropy
Entropy is, simple enough, unpredictability. A piece of media is entropic if it contains unpredictable elements.

My Music Video
As my target audience is not mainstreamers, and is towards Rockers and Individualists, I will be allowed to use a more Entropic approach to my own Music Video, however, I can't simply go completely Entropic, as it wouldn't make sense. Everything needs at least a mix of Entropic and Redundant elements. I would lean slightly more on the use of Entropic pieces (the dual camera shots), but will still have Redundant elements (Shots of the band playing somewhere else, having an actual story, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment